Notice is hereby given that the 35th Annual General Meeting of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (Kenya Branch) will be held at the Serena Hotel on Tuesday 30th April, 2019 commencing at 5.30pm.
We have attached the necessary documents for you to relate with.
Declaration of FOUR Vacancies in the Branch Committee is provided. We request that all members who are interested in applying for the positions in the Branch Committee to consider the nomination guidelines and fill the forms as attached and submit them to the Branch Committee on or before the deadline provided.
Please ensure that you submit the following duly filled documents:
· Nomination form for candidates
· Candidate profile form
The documents must be submitted as original hardcopies to the Branch Secretariat
- To read the Notice convening the 35th Annual General Meeting.
- To receive, consider and adopt the Minutes of the 34th Annual General Meeting held on Tuesday 24th April, 2018.
- To receive, consider and adopt the Minutes of the Special General Meeting held on Tuesday 24th April, 2018.
- To receive, consider and adopt the Branch Chairman’s Report for the year ended 31st December, 2018.
- To receive, consider and adopt the Audited Financial Statements of the Branch for the year ended December 31, 2018 and the Honorary Treasurer’s Report.
- To consider and appoint the Auditors of the Branch for the financial year 2019 and to authorize the Branch Committee to fix the Auditor’s remuneration.
- To elect Four (4) Branch Committee Members as follows:
a) To fill 3 vacancies at the Branch Committee rendered vacant by expiry of term of Hon. Justice Aaron Ringera, Ms. Eunice Lumallas, Ms. Jacqueline Waihenya, who are retiring by rotation and being eligible, have offered themselves for re-election in accordance to with regulations 5(1) of the Constitution.
b) To fill one vacancy at the Branch Committee rendered vacant by expiry of term of Mr. Calvin Nyachoti, retiring having served two terms and does not offer himself for election.
c) There are 4 vacancies on the Branch Committee and Nominations are hereby invited. Proposed Nominations must be received at the Branch Offices by Thursday 21st March 2019 at 3.00 pm prompt.
- To consider any other business for which due notification will have been received by the Secretary at least fourteen (14) days before the Annual General Meeting.
Any Member whose local subscription is currently in arrears shall be entitled to vote at the Annual General Meeting provided such member in arrears validates his membership by paying all such arrears not later than Friday 29th March 2019.
FREE REFRESHMENTS (BEER AND SOFT DRINKS) WILL BE SERVED FROM 5.00PM